Stachler Raises Funds For College Scholarships for Cerebral Palsy Students

cabin-dogs.jpgLisa Stachler’s project in the Landmark Education SELP program was a benefit to raise money for college scholarships for those afflicted with cerebral palsy. The Benefit, named “Oh the Places You’ll Go,” took place on Sunday, November 2 at Cafe Live in Philadelphia, and featured top-end entertainment, as well as a mention in Philadelphia Weekly.

Oh the Places You’ll Go Benefit

by Brian MCManus

It’s not often you get to take in three top-notch standup comedians and three high-caliber bands in one evening and do good at the same time. Hell, it’s not ever. But that dry streak ends Sunday when some of Philadelphia’s apex of funny (Chip Chantry, Doogie Homber, Brian Cichocki) team up with some of its finest bands (Cabin Dogs, the Scott Silipigni Band, Transistor Rodeo) for a night to raise money to give college scholarships to kids living with cerebral palsy. The event is being thrown in association with the CP Center of New Jersey, and is the perfect soup for your sinful soul that’ll need a fix of something pure after a debauched Halloween weekend.

UPDATE: For those who have enquired, this link may give more ideas about college scholarships for those with cerebral palsy.

About the author

DJacoby

21comments
Val - January 2, 2009

I would be interested to learn more about the college scholarship funds you have set aside for college bound students with CP. Please let me know how I apply. Thank you.

Deshoun - January 9, 2009

Hello,My name is Deshoun Goodwin i attend Proviso East High school im really struggling with money for school i have cerebral palsy ,but have learned to look past that and challenge myself to become an example to those who might be stuggling around me. p.s. can you please help me.

Derrick George - January 17, 2009

I am a Senior at Newark High School in Newark, Delaware. I would like to attend a college in Florida called “Full Sail”. My dream is to be a film director. I would like to know what I need to do to receive some kind of help. I am in a wheelchair but am very independent. I will need to find a place to live that is handicapped accessible also. Please let me know what I need to do.
Derrick George

Toni Maxwell - February 18, 2009

My daughter has cerebral palsey and hearing impaired. I am attempting find some scholarships for her so that we can pay the least amount due to the fact that I am a single parent. If you could send me some information it would be greatly appreciated

Molly - February 25, 2009

My daughter is a senior in high school and has cerebral palsy which mainly affects her right hand. She plans to attend college and wants to be a kindergarten teacher. She is very very driven, so please send us any information about scholarships. Thank you so much!

Tom and Sue Mulvey - March 3, 2009

Looking for college money for our son, who has cerebral palsy. He has been accepted to WVU and we are currently looking for funding.

Sue

Cindy Coe - March 12, 2009

Hi, I am also in search for any funding that could help my son who was born 4 months early and has cerebral palsey. He aspires to be a psychologist with a journalism minor, but worries daily about how it will be paid since we have had so many medical bills from birth on. He has overcome many physical battles, but walks with a cane now and is a friendly, caring, persistant young adult with dreams and goals that he will achieve. Unfortunately both of his parents have been teaching and coaching activities to pay for everything as he has grown and have nothing saved for him or his brother (presently in his third year of college, studying to become a medical doctor) to pay for college. Do you have anything that would apply to his needs?

Karen - March 24, 2009

I am trying to help a young woman who has gotten accepted at the college of her dreams find a way to make it financially possible to attend.
She has cerebral palsy and has undergone great challenges to get to where she is today. Her family has extreme financial hardships on many levels.

How do we go about applying for a college scholarship for her?

teri - May 4, 2009

Please advise how we can go about finding information on colleege scholarships for my son Dyaln who is in the eleventh grade and has cerebal palsy. Thank you.

Teri

Linda - May 18, 2009

Could you please let me know if there are any scholarships available for my son who has cerebral palsy- right hemiparesis. He has been accepted into Lawrence Technical University. His dream is to become an electrical & computor engineer. He is learning so much now, like a snow ball rolling down a hill building energy and volume, he is excited & motivated . He is an inspiration! He was also in Band, Jazz Band & Marching Band 4 years. He has overcome a lot of physical and social deficiencies. He starts Fall of 2009. Thank you for any guidance.

Heather - May 22, 2009

I’m also looking for funding for my daughter with cerebral palsey. She is graduating from Franklin High School in the top 10 percent of her class. She has been accepted to BYU in the fall of 2009, and we are trying to figure out a way to pay for school. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

tony - June 23, 2009

Hi my name is Tony and I was born with cerebral palsy. I have been out of high school for 8 years. I am looking for some information on Scholarships for Cerebral Palsy Students. Thank you very much

Sharon - July 28, 2009

Please let me know any information about these scholarships for students with CP. Are they still available, and how to apply. Thanks. Please email me directly.

Jane - August 22, 2009

My son has cerebral palsy, and we are so proud of the way he has pushed through academic, physical, and social challenges. Now he is starting his senior year of high school and is looking at colleges. He has found the school of his dreams, which costs about $50,000 a year; we cannot possibly afford this. I would appreciate so much getting some ideas about where to find scholarships so that he can have the type of college experience he has worked so hard for. Thank you.

Mary - October 9, 2009

My daughter has cerebral palsy and is now applying to small private colleges in the southeast. She’s planning on majoring in journalism. Do you know of any CP or special needs scholarships she could apply for? Many thanks.

Gary Lynn - November 10, 2009

I would like to know where to apply for the scholarship. I am in a wheelchair with limited mobility but I am a straight A student. I plan on going to college to become a sports attorney and eventually go into politics. Please let us know how we can get financial help.

Ryan White - December 30, 2009

I am a junior at Columbia College in Chicago with a 3.4 GPA in journalism, with emphasis in sports. My mother lost her job last year, umtil that time she was able tp pay my expenses. We have not been able to find any scholarships for students with cerebral palsy, despite a department for handicaped students at my school and many hours on the internet. I had to move out of my dorm room and back home, and take the bus to school, which is difficult. Please let me know of any financial assistance.
thank you for your time.

Denise - March 2, 2010

My son has mild left hemiplegia. He is a driven musician who has thrown himself into jazz guitar as his own physical therapy and would like to attend Chicago Center of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University. He is a strong student (31 ACT, 3.8 GPA) but needs a scholarship to achieve his dreams. We would greatly appreciate any tips for financial assistance.
Thank you!

Katht Taylor - May 3, 2010

My son is a senior and is planning to go to UNOH to major in automotive technology and high performance engines. He was born prematurely and has spastic diplegic cerebral palsy. He is highly motivated and is a very hard worker.

I am researching schlorship options that may be availiable to him.

Please advise.

Kathty Taylor

Charlene - May 13, 2010

Hello, my son is a graduating senior this year. He plans on attending a community college for two years and then making a transfer to a 4 yr college. He has a left sided hemiplegia and is very high functioning. Do you have scholarship options available

Thank you.

shatika - June 12, 2010

please let me know how to apply

Click here to add a comment